Our organization is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a strong Controller to join our team and drive financialreporting excellence across the organization. Reporting to the Director of Finance, in this role, you will lead all accounting operations, build the Finance team to scale with the business needs, partner with FP&A on managing budgets, and be a strategic partner to the management team on the accounting implications of all initiatives. The ideal candidate will have strong public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS space.
- Manage accounting monthly close operations, tax, and financialreporting including the daily activities for GL, AP, AR, cash management, revenue recognition, and equity administration
- Lead the entire Accounting function and responsible for building out a high-performance accounting function to scale with the business
- Drive the initial financialaudit for the company and going forward, build strong auditor relationships, and partner internally to develop and support operational and compliance programs
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions including process improvement at all levels of the company
- Prepare internal and external financialreporting for management team review, board meetings, and investor presentations.
- Lead the efforts to evaluate the current accounting software at meeting business needs, Identify and implement the appropriate ERP and other systems to support the company's growth
- Assist FP&A in refining department-level budgeting including meeting with different team leads to discuss actual spend vs. planned spend
- Partner with the management team on other strategic business initiatives including the evaluation of accounting implications for these decisions
- 10+ years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience at a major public accounting firm
- Industry experience in the SaaS industry and related revenue recognition criteria
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong experience with Excel and related tools, exposure to FP&A is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Track record of building and developing high performance accounting teams in a fast-paced organization
- Experience migrating accounting software and establishing accounting structure to meet the business needs over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Preferredexperience in a start-up company.