Industry: Building Materials•
Less than 5 years
Posted 284 days agoby Brett Weisberg
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financialreports, maintenance of adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk; control costs, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller must be a strong leader and mentor; roll up the sleeves attitude and be willing to put in the time to develop an Accounting department to achieve their goals. The position is the chief accountant for the company and is required to prepare account reconciliations and analyses as well.
The position is responsible for all accounting activities including payroll; job costing; cost reduction initiatives; accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, cost accounting, salestaxreporting, general ledger preparation, financialreporting, year- end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position is responsible for a multitude of accounting activities including payroll; job costing; cost reduction initiatives; accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, cost accounting, salestaxreporting, general ledger preparation, financialreporting, year- end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
· Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions, including cash receipts, disbursements and daily cash banking requirements
· Supervises payroll
· Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
· Responsible for accounts receivable management
· Handles the cost accounting and inventoryvaluation
· Prepares general ledger account reconciliations
· Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures.
· Consistently analyze financial data and present financialreports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
· Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
· Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
· Directs external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
· High ethical standards. Ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good business judgment
· Proven leadership and management ability, demonstrating innovation, flexibility and best-in-class attributes
· Motivational expertise, acts to inspire employees, consistently displays initiative
· Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and deadlines
· 3 to 5years prior supervisory experience in general accounting and cost accounting
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting required, a CPA a plus
· Job costing experience a plus
· Willing to work more than 40 hours a week to get the job done well which requires employee development and training