Controller ? Software/Technology Company
Our client is a growing, VC-Backed B2B SaaS company in downtown Los Angeles. We are seeking a hands-on Controller to undertake all aspects of accounting, budgeting and financial management. This position will be an important strategic advisor to senior leadership, and will be instrumental in driving the company forward.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the month-end close process and establish procedures to close the books on a timely and accurate basis; understands and performs the general ledger accounting for SaaS accounting.
- Develop processes and procedures to produce timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement close and reporting.
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and systems to scale Accounting with business growth; lead the creation and maintenance of related documentation
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions including driving process improvement at all levels of the company.
- Ensure financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Assist with the development and creation of metrics for all departments within the company.
- Manage the annual audit process including coordinating with the auditors to ensure timely resolution of issues and a well-organized and efficient process
- Liaises with external tax preparers to ensure returns are filed on time and accurately.
- Support CFO in development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization
Experience requirements include: CPA, prior Auditexperience coupled with a leadership role in Accounting (i.e. Director of Accounting, Assistant Controller, Controller). Qualified candidates will ideally have some experience with software, technology or media companies.
Keywords: SaaS, Software, VC, Venture Capital, Private Equity, startup, CPA, Accounting, Controller.