About this opportunity
The Controller directs the management of the accounting function within the Hanford, CA facility. Is generally responsible for the development and operation of systems for planning and budgeting, analysis and interpretation of trends of interest to management, as well as providing analysis and recommendations on specific cases. Implements and oversees the application of controls to ensure compliance with standards and policies. Plans and coordinates the work of their team. Required to work on various business critical and complex projects to ensure that all controls, reporting and analysis required are accurate and routed to the appropriate person.
- Provides direct supervision to site Accounting Department (2 employees)
- Responsible for training and direction.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations among the work environment.
- Plans and assigns work
ROUTINE FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES:
- Reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational performance.
- Provides facility and BU management recommended actions to maximize EBITDA.
- Evaluates planned management actions and reports EBITDA impact to facility and BU management.
- Ensures accuracy in financial reporting and conformance to budgets.
- Ensures the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activity is complete to corporate standards.
- Developing quarterly forecasts and annual budget in collaboration with department heads.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset listings.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND COSTING
- Coordinate monthly inventory procedures with Warehouse and IT.
- Update the costing (standards rates) on an annual basis into the manufacturing system
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND RECEIVABLE:
- Ensure accounts payable are paid on time and accurately to take advantage of cash discounts.
- Ensure Company maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Ensure that shipments are billed on a timely basis, any subsequent collections are
- properly recorded, and that delinquent accounts are identified early to minimize potential losses.
- Approve all purchases orders
- Review and approve payments batches (3 way-match)
- Prepares Daily Dashboard and Weekly Operating Report after analyzing reports to
- comment about the likely EBITDA result for the month.
- Maintains the EBITDA forecast for the month based on input from customer service and sales.
- Continuously evaluate the adequacy of accounting, internal control and information systems.
- Oversee independent audits of the plant (Financial Control and Governance Audit, Internal Audit, External Audit, Sales and use tax Audit)
What you have to offer
- 4 Year Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Managing Performance
- Experience with various systems; JD Edwards, AS400, Microsoft products including Excel
- Integrity and Confidentiality
- Proficient Communication
- Teamwork and Diplomacy
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.