We are working with a 100+ years old smaller division of a large manufacturer in need of a Controller for their plant. This position recommends, formulates and implements cost accounting systems and procedures, prepares reports and evaluates financial information for Corporate reporting and decision making purposes, as well as strategic planning, decision making, and implementation to attain the company?s financial goals.
- Prepare annual Sales, Operative Plan and Cost Planbudgets.
- Prepare monthly sales and earnings forecasts, analyzing operations for improved profitability.
- Maintain general ledger day to day through to and including month end closings.
- Implements and maintains proper internal controls.
- Manage and control all expenses, accruals and capital projects.
- Prepares financial analysis to support Division Finance Manager and local Plant Management.
- Prepare and analyze financial information for plant, corporate and government reporting and make recommendations.
- Conduct accurate and timely month and year end closings in accordance with corporate policy.
- Coordinates physical inventories.
- Manage and direct the inventory and financial standards for items and materials within the manufacturing realm including recording, pricing and documenting physical inventories.
- Process fixed asset additions, transfers and disposals.
- Oversee capital and expense project justification.
- Conduct financial evaluations of new parts, cost/work centers, projects and strategic business opportunities.
- Provide direction and data on financial issues as needed.
- Analyze variances and provide recommendations to promote productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with lean based concepts.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.