The Controller for the North America API sites is the key player in the management and oversight of all financial and accounting activities at our 3 US sites. The role is responsible for all month end close activities, budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financialreporting. This person will also be in charge of managing and developing a team of five. Demonstrated analytical, forecasting and financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business is required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
The position will report to the Sr. Director of Finance for API, with a dotted line reporting into the site VP/GM?s, and will serve on the Site Leadership Team and will be the financial leader in key site business decisions.
In addition to the above, this role is also key in the development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and related operational analysis and other areas as required. The candidate will also provide financial analysis and recommendations to support development of the company?s overall business strategy, acting as a true business partner to the site leadership.
Leadership of people to implement change, understand consequences and obtain commitment through coaching, training, and clear objective setting to meet the site?s short term needs and The Controller for the North America API sites is the key player in the management and oversight of all financial and accounting activities at our 3 US sites. The role is responsible for all month end close activities, budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financialreporting. This person will also be in charge of managing and developing a team of five. Demonstrated analytical, forecasting and financial modelling skills, with the ability to translate complex situations into information that will support the profitability and growth of the business is required.
- Serves on the Site Leadership Team and as the financial leader in key site business decisions
- Manage the month end accounting close, ensuring accurate and timely results that are in accordance with US GAAP and the Thermo Fisher accounting policy
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly and quarterly financial performance reporting and presentations, including variance analysis
- Drive the annual planning process, providing analytics of consolidated figures, and risk and opportunity analysis; implement and manage models for the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment
- Collaborate on major investment proposals to ensure timely execution of the strategy and limitation of riskassociated with delay or lack of investment.
- Install and maintain a proper control environment and culture to limit business risk and exposures.
- Ensure proper communication between Corporate, BU and Site financial communitieslong term ambition. Develop department members to be key leaders within the organization. Build and sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve.
- Work closely with the business management leaders and others at the site to improve and optimize the Sales, Operations and Planning function.
- Collaborate with Global Business Services and the Corporate Accounting and FP&A functions
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Maintains accuracy of standard costs
BS/BA in Finance or other related field
8-10 years of related experience with success in a manufacturing environment
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financialreporting ?CPArequired
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills. Must be capable of building strong relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- High Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Hyperion/HFM/SAP/Cognos experience a plus
- Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experiencepreferred
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Collaborative focus, with passion to help team achieve significant results
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Up to 20% travel
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands ? Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services ? we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.