SyncThink (ST) is a leading, innovative next generation neurotechnology company that delivers a digital health platform for assessing brain health, managing recovery, and optimizing performance.
About the Job
Reporting directly to the Chairman/CEO and dotted-line to the Chief of Staff, the Controller will be primarily responsible for overseeing the accounting and finance operations of the company. The Controller will also provide strategic financial advice and support to the senior management team.
- Routine Accounting functions, including Preparing financial reports, Bookkeeping, AP & AR, Payroll, Month-end Close, Bank & Account Reconciliation; Audit prep; and Tax Compliance
- Analyze financial data and optimize for efficiencies & profitability (monthly, annually, as needed) and prepare Forecasts & Budgets
- Monitor internal controls and optimize accounting functions and systems
- Generate and analyze sales projections in coordination with the Business Development and Leadership teams
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and taxes. Recommend best practices and conduct reviews of policies to maintain compliance
- Perform additional related job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related concentration required; CPA designation preferred
- Requires 8 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or finance
- Strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and to balance changing priorities
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on assigned work and projects with low supervision
- Expert knowledge in the use of computer systems and software (Quickbooks, Excel, CRMs)
Full time position offering a highly competitive compensation package, with a base salary of up to $100K base, bonus, and equity in a growing, early-stage start-up.