We are looking to add a smart, energetic, and diligent member to our team as a controller.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will include fund and management company accounting.
This individual will also work in conjunction with the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer to ensure compliance to the firm’s internal policies.
The individual will work directly with the firm’s Managing Partners, Chief Administrative Officer, and Investment Professionals on a regular basis. Egis is a high-growth company and the role will provide qualified candidates significant professional development within the private equity space.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fund accounting, with relevant experience at a private equity fund, hedge fund, or fund administrator.
The candidate must have a strong academic record, and experience as a Controller.
· Conduct all fund and management company level accounting, and compile statements for review
· Maintain internal books and records and assist with all fund and manager reporting
· Review financial statements from operating companies and monitor compliance
· Ensure compliance with applicable domestic law and regulation
· Respond to regulatory findings, deficiencies and violations, in conjunction withaudits
· Integrity and understanding of duties of loyalty and care, honest and ethical behavior
· General familiarity with laws and regulations governing, private equity funds, fund of funds, and investment advisors
· 2+ years from public accounting firm
· Prior accounting experience with venture fund, hedge fund, private equity fund, fund of funds, or fund administrator