The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking collaborative business professional to manage corporate financereporting and operations for MBN in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Controller is responsible for managing corporate financereporting and operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), other regulatory and advisory organizations and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organization's fiscal function and performance worldwide.
- Enhancing, developing, implementing and enforcing corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Optimizing the handling of international and domestic financial management operations, including banking and deposit relationships.
- Developing a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs overseas.
- Producing auditable financial statements and act as the corporation?s primary contact with all external auditors and financial institutions.
- Ensuring all accounting transactions comply withGAAP.
- Maintain an adequate and effective system of accounts, to safeguard assets, and to maintain a system of internal controls that will assure the integrity of the General Ledger and the production of proper financial statements while minimizing the risk of irregularities or fraud.
- Processing accurate and timely vendor payments, purchase orders, petty cash reconciliations and reimbursements, employee expense reports, cash management, and payroll.
- Developing and disseminating financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual auditable financial statements.
- Conducting monthly, quarterly and annual closing of MBN?s financial operations timely and in compliance withGAAP.
- Assuring accurate posting of all transactions through monthly review and analysis of the general ledger and all financial statements.
- Maintaining and reconciling all financial accounts world
- Communicating effectively with legal, auditing, and professional representatives on all financial matters.
Candidates are required to have:
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or advanced degreepreferred.
- 10 years of accounting managerial experience
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations or federal government a plus.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, disbursement, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, computerized accounting applications; Cost Point experiencepreferred.
- Experiencewith accounting in a multi-currency environment.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, FASB, and related compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated management skills.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.