The Controller will be responsible for all accounting, financialreporting, budgeting/forecasting, and financial operations duties for Sonic Reference Lab. In addition, position will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports around all financial aspects of the laboratory business.
- Oversee and approve financial transactions and information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, balancing and reconciling figures, and making exceptions as necessary.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting and analysis of financial results.
- Coordinate annual budgeting cycle.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintain financialsecurity by following internal controls.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare special financialreports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer and employee confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Act as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related filed;
- At least 5-7years of progressive accounting experience;
- Intermediate to expert capabilities utilizing Exel, Word, and PowerPoint; Experience with Great Plains GL preferred.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies;
- CPAPreferred, but not required