San Diego, CA
Industry: Food & Beverages•
Not Specified years
Posted 8 days ago
Client is seeking to hire a Controller to establish best practices and manage ongoing operations in the company's finance department.
· Budgeting: Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets. Communicate across departments to convey and track budgeting.
· Reporting: Prepare financialreports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Reports include, but are not limited to, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
· Regulators and Tax: Ensure financial compliance and tax compliance with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as with the ABC and the TTB.
· Forecasting: Working in conjunction with CEO and VP of Sales to project financial performance. Prepare comparisons between projections and actual performance.
· Supply Chain Financials: Working closely with the Director of Operations, manage finished goods inventory, and seek improvements in AR and AP.
· Analysis: Work with CEO to prepare analyses to track ongoing performance, assist Senior team in key decision making, and seek operational efficiencies as company scales.
· Controller will report directly to CEO.
· Certified Public Accountant desired.
· Prior experience in a fast growth consumer packaged goods company and/or alcohol company.
· Prior experienceworking with company that has completed rounds of financing. And prior experienceworking with multiple forms of financing (i.e., equity, debt).
· Prior experienceworking with employee equity incentive plan.
· Prior experience managing a team, and reporting to a senior level.