RAND is seeking an experienced Controller to oversee all aspects of the general ledger, Financial and Regulatory Reporting, and the Billing functions to ensure compliance with GAAP, FAR, CAS, and other government laws and regulations.
1) In conjunction with the Director, determines staff level, interviews/hires new employees, ensures appropriate training, conducts performance reviews, counsel's employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action.
2) Develops and administers objectives, operating policies and procedures, budget and strategic action plans for achieving goals.
3) Provides leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations, communicating specific performance feedback, and giving timely and thorough performance reviews.
4) Coordinate detailed accounting with appropriate personnel for contributions, oversee all auditor relationships, perform second level review of account reconciliations and transaction processing, maintain appropriate internal relationships with other RAND departments to ensure consistency, efficacy, and internal controls for transactions and up-to-date understanding of RAND’s business operations.
5) Routinely interpret complex regulatory literature (FAR, CAS, GAAP) and effectively communicate conclusions to senior management.
6) Manage special projects requested by management, clients and auditors.
BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
6 years (minimum); 9 years (preferred)
5+ plus years of Supervisory experience, prior controllership preferred