ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the completion of the month-end closing process including the preparation of some journal entries, loading of results into the Parent General Ledger System, as well as assisting on reporting templates required by the Parent.
- Performs management testing of all functions per the Parent’s Core Internal Controls to ensure all necessary controls are operating as documented in the Company’s policies and procedures and maintain/change the policies and procedures as needed.
- Supervise accounting clerks and the Financial Accounting Lead and providing assistance in their roles as needed.
- Lead all audit activities (External SOX/financial, Internal SOX/financial, sales tax, etc) as needed.
- Ad Hoc analysis of operating performance and results as well as Parent data requests as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent experience plus seven to ten years of related experience. CPA is preferred but not required.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including managing the accounting department.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win.
- Quality management- the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.