This position will provide comprehensive accounting support to Proterra’s Chief Financial Officer and other site leadership team members. Proterra is seeking an experienced accountant to serve in the role Controller to join our high performing Finance and Accounting team to support its explosive growth. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience within a dynamic Accounting Department, preferably in a senior controlling role at a publicly traded organization.
About the Role – You will:
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinate and external financial statements in compliance with SEC reporting standards and on SEC reporting timelines
- Develop and maintain internal controls framework
- Implement and maintain SOX controls environment
- In conjunction with the CFO, establishing financial and operating benchmarks and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all business units
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Continuous improvement mentality to drive Accounting and other departments to become more efficient and effective
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Accounting team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Greenville based Accounting team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations in Greenville, SC.
- You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and collaborate with other Accounting team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business process.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Strong time management and organizational skills that works independently with general supervision.
- Team-player that is willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; Continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Self-starter with strong ethical standards
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 12+ years proven accounting experience
- Strong background in manufacturing preferred
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- High level of competence with detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- CPA highly preferred
- Oracle experience a plus
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: 0 - 10%