Personalis based in Menlo Park, CA, has established a leadership position in the immuno-oncology space for Biomarker Discovery and Personalized Cancer Vaccine applications. Our ImmunoID NexT platform is increasingly adopted throughout the pharma/biopharma industry as a universal platform supporting immunotherapy translational research, clinical studies and combination trials.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Controller to join our Team.
The Controller will lead and manage the Accounting Department including the functions for Revenue, Cost and Inventory, General Ledger and Consolidations, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Stock Administration.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead, manage, and direct a team of accounting professionals responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations. Provide supervision, guidance and coaching, and mentoring in order to develop employees.
- Own and drive the month end and quarterly close process and enable accurate and timely financial results and reporting according to US GAAP for a public company.
- Own the deliverables and day-to-day communications with the auditors. Prepare PBCs required by ensuring timely annual audit sign off's and efficient quarterly reviews.
- Hands-on experience in monthly/quarterly accounting close, preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Ability to optimize and automate accounting processes to drive an efficient and streamlined monthly and quarterly close.
- Assure that the account reconciliations, including intercompany accounts, are prepared accurately and performed in a timely manner. Ensure that reconciling items are appropriate and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Prepare and analyze financial data and prepare internal management reports accurately and in a timely manner. Provide insights to the business that helps senior management with improving business results.
- Assist and support SEC reporting for 10Q and 10K preparation, which may include supporting schedules and tie-out numbers.
- Adhere with company internal control procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX. Assist with implementation of new accounting standards as required.
- Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of efficiency and customer service while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP
- Review customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, and transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment. Work closely with technical accounting personnel.
- Manage stock administration process including third party vendor relationship for accuracy and timeliness of stock transactions, Form-4 reporting, and for annual proxy purposes.
- Prepare information necessary for the preparation of the annual tax return and quarterly and annual tax provision. Ensure that all indirect taxes are calculated and paid on-time.
- Partner effectively with finance and non-finance team members to drive improved controls and process enhancements, and overall financial performance for the Company.
- 7-10 years of progressive industry experience in a U.S. public company
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience, preferably with a Big 4 firm
- Experience with QAD, Oracle, or other ERP systems
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to lead and influence others in a positive manner
- Team and collaboration oriented
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint