A Bachelor's degree with ten years of experience, along with an understanding of both accounting theory and practice, ability to use and apply ERP system reporting tools for financial reporting, financial ratios, and analysis, and the ability to adapt to new systems, proficiency in spreadsheets and databases, excellent communication skills, and a CPA license are preferred.
Corporate Budget and Cost
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, make day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- Ensure the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management. Refine accounting structures and reports to handle changes in operating programs and management informational needs.
- Recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts.
- Report and substantiate company taxes (i.e. income, property, use, etc.).
- Organize and research financial information for other departments or project teams. Analyze company historical and projected financials.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Point out and interpret financial trends and deviations from standards or norms.Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Prepare company monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Assist and coordinate audits.
- Respond to audit requests (government, insurance, owner, other).
Job Budget and Cost
- Provide support to project teams for owner audits.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Ensure that the assigned day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies, and objectives.