GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES –
Manages all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for the hospital and related entities with the goal of producing timely, accurate and actionable financial information for use of management.
SUPERVISOR –Chief Financial Officer and/or Assistant CFO
SUPERVISES –Accounting Department
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place to minimize the risk of material misstatements in financial statements; including compliance with SOX (Sarbanes – Oxley Act of 2002 on internal controls).
- Provides leadership and oversight of clerical and professional staff.
- Manage monthly financial close and reconciliation cycle to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Manage year-end financial statement audit.
- Manage annual budget process.
- Daily treasury management.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial and statistical data analysis to management.
- Provides education and training as needed to managers and staff on financial matters.
- Attends required training and continuing education per hospital policy.
- Completes all competency requirements per hospital policy.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable SOX, Joint Commission, CMS, state and local agency laws, internal/external regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Professional with ability to work and perform at a high level.
- Demonstrates leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be attentive to details.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite and Excel.
- Comfortable with multiple General Ledger, Materials Management, A/R, and AP software and ability to learn new systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field - MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years related experience in healthcarerequired.
- Demonstrated project improvement and leadership success.
- Meditech experiencepreferred.
- CPA strongly preferred, but consideration of hospital Controller experience may be given in lieu of.