About the Job
As the Controller at Clearpath, you will be responsible for overseeing all accounting activities including accounts receivable and cash receipts, collections, accounts payable, and the month-end accounting close. You will have nearly limitless opportunity to take on a wide range of challenges. We are looking for someone who will not settle for anything short of conquering these challenges while maintaining a high service level to our internal and external clients.
Your primary responsibilities of the role will be:
- Oversee accounting functions, and month-end reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports for stakeholders
- Review monthly accounting close process and working papers of the Accounting Manager, including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Monitor and develop accounting controls, policies and procedures to ensure account accuracy
- Cash management including forecasting cash requirements
- Act as one of the primary contacts for external financial auditors. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Employee Stock Options Plan table maintenance
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Manage accounting for revenue recognition, inventory, fixed assets and SR&ED
- Identify, develop and implement business process changes to improve financial reporting accuracy and timeliness ie. Department structures and labour absorption practices in operations and for projects
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Accounting Manager and the accounting team
- Supports new policy implementation – ie global workforce, repair centres
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
As a dedicated Finance professional, you can dig into a financial statement and communicate the story to stakeholders. You drill down to the source document to unwind complex transactions. You strive to understand end to end processes, know how Finance integrates throughout the business and continuously improve processes so we are at the top of our game.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience
- Degree or diploma in accounting
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Prior experience working with a financial system or ERP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Results-oriented and always looking to improve processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a hardware business, including inventory tracking and costing, and/or project accounting
- Prior experience implementing a financial system or ERP