Directs and has immediate responsibility for the organization’s medical device accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financialreports. Directs and has overall management responsibility for general accounting, cost accounting, and financial analysis. Responsible for appraising operating results in terms of costs, budgets, and policies of operations, trends and increased profit possibilities.
- Insures accuracy of financial accounts and records, and assists in the protection and proper utilization of company assets
- Manages cost accounting system and maintains standard product costs utilizing SAP
- Responsible for developing site’s annual operating plan and rolling quarterly forecasts for Operations’ cost centers
- Responsible for Operations’ monthly close process and management reporting of site results, variances, operating metrics and inventory analysis
- Provide finance leadership to site Operations’ team, participate on cross-functional project teams and present financial results in monthly management meetings
- Perform manufacturing variance analysis and complex financial analysis as required
- Responsible for managing direct report(s) including performance evaluations, training, motivation development, hire/termination and related activities
- Interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the manufacturing site and make specific recommendations, which will result in cost reductions and profit improvements
- Directs the preparation of metrics and statistics of periodic and yearly financial statements
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent. (An advanced credential, such as an MBA, CPA, CMA, CPIM designation or professional certification preferred.)
- Background in cost accounting & manufacturing with SAP experience desirable
- Typically a minimum of at least ten plus years of progressively more responsibleexperience in all phases of finance, budgeting, and/or accounting in a manufacturing organization. (Five or more years of experience in the medical device, bio-medical or electronic industries are preferred.)
- Technical experience includes a comprehensive working knowledge of all accounting areas.
- A minimum of five plus years of demonstrated experience at a supervisory/managerial level is typical.
- Ability to work cooperatively/productively with others
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations
- Requires highly developed leadership skills/people-managementexperience sufficient to assume the complex range of personnel issues inherent in this position
- Must be adept at delegation, follow-up, and team building
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulatory requirements (i.e., SOX, etc.) and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and tasks
- Comprehensive verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, negotiation, interpersonal, training and presentation skills are essential
- Documented record of delivering information that adds value to management's decision making process
- Advanced personal computer skills (i.e., MS Office Suite) including demonstrated spreadsheet, word processing, and data-base management capabilities.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally