Our client is seeking an experienced Accounting and Finance professional to join their team, located in the Midwest to work in the capacity of Controller. The chosen candidate will manage Machining & Integrated Structures planning, reporting, consolidation and analysis functions and develops and manages processes to ensure compliance with Self-Assessment Testing (ASAT) and other internal audit requirements and reporting requirements. H/She will directly manage all plant level accounting and controllership functions at 2 operations locations including G/L, forecasting, management reporting and oversight of plant expenses, working capital management, and IT and Procurement services, and also ensures the financial integrity, control and continuous improvement of financial systems and processes. The ideal candidate will possess experience within a plant and/or manufacturing environment. You will provides plant information to all relevant business unit level and corporate departments, and disseminate all communications from those same external organizations to all finance and operations staff within the plant.
* Identify key levers to drive business improvement
* Provide leadership to ensure implementation of business improvement opportunities
* Determine, in conjunction with plant management, targeted goals for performance measures of quality, productivity, delivery, cycle time, inventory optimization and profitability
* Deploy business unit initiatives.
* Coordinate the capital appropriation process and post-project reviews
* Ensure completion of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for internal controls
* Driving year over year cost reduction initiatives
* Forecast and Plan results to meet expectations of shareholders and stakeholders
* Coordinating transactions and business needs with other locations within the business unit
* Review financial statements and account reconciliations with follow up and corrective action as needed
* Communicate location results in comparison to forecast, plan and performance objectives
* Comply with, business unit and location policies, procedures and reporting requirements
* Attesting to validity of locationfinancial statements and representations
Best Industry ? Engineering, Manufacturing
Best Department ? Accounting, Finance
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required. MBA is preferred. CPA is highly desired.
3 ? 5 years of corporate accounting and financial operations experience within the manufacturing industry is preferred.
High proficiency using, SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, or similar systems, project management, multi-tasking and developing/executing data queries is required.
Strong analytical and decision-making skills are required.
Strong organizational skills in relation to managing multiple projects with tight deadlines in a high pressure/ high intensity environment
Strong leadership and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present forecast and monthly performance results to plant and business unit leadership
Ability to communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner to non-finance personnel
Experience analyzing and interpreting variety of technical, mathematical and abstract concepts.
Effectively communicate information through financial reporting, business correspondence, and response to inquiries from all stakeholders.
Advanced experience with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Outlook) is required.
Strong communications skills (i.e. Verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation) are required.
Up to 15% Domestic/Regional Travel is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.