- We are in a $50 billion market that is going through a significant transformation. Yes, $50B. This is the largest software market. Everything is moving to the Cloud and for this, our customers need an enterprise-ready database. This is basically NuoDB. We are a software company that develops the next generation database for the cloud.
- We are a bunch of smart people - highly dedicated, very professional, but still cool and approachable.
- Our main offices are in Cambridge. Alewife to be precise. You can take the subway or your car or your bike. We have offices in Dublin and London.
- Benefits: we offer great perks, like unlimited vacations, commuting benefits, lots of free lunches, fun company events and the rest of the stuff you might expect.
- Culture… who are we? See below….
So, sounds interesting?
You are passionate about accounting. Of course, you are. You are smart, curious, and ambitious. You are an “up-and-comer” looking for a promotion. Maybe an Assistant Controller looking for the Controller title. Maybe a “veteran”, a Controller, looking for the right next step in a great environment. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting work done.
Ok. Got it. Tell me more
The Controller is responsible for three areas: accounting and facilities, and on an interim basis, the human resources function. The Controller is expected to have an accounting background, with some exposure to human resources and facilities.
The Controller manages a team of two full-time employee: senior staff accountant and office manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance function: review payroll and the work of the staff accountant
- Maintained the cap table – ensure that the cap table is accurate at all times
- Manage the monthly close process, including the preparation of the monthly financial statements. Prepare the monthly investor package. Consolidate the results from the US and international entities
- Manage the relationships with our “accounting partners” in our foreign entities
- Provide support to the sales team during the sales process: generate quotes and prepare invoices.
- Review of the software contract. Document the agreements and determine the proper accounting for each contract.
- Help the CFO with the preparation of the Board package
- Coordinate and support the preparation of the annual budget
- Maintain the Long Range Plan – the financial model that projects the company’s results for the next 3years.
- Manage, develop and lead the team, by providing guidance, direction, and training as needed.
- Manage the facilities manager
- BS in Accounting, Master in Accounting preferredCPA a plus.
- Minimum of 7years’ experience in Accounting/Finance, a minimum of 2years in a finance leadership position
- Exposure to human resources and facilities is a plus. Having managed or worked in these functions is a plus
- Must have experience in fast pace environment: the ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Software industry experience is strongly preferred
- Strong application of US GAAP knowledge is a must
- Excellent ability to apply technical accounting principles, more specifically experience and strong knowledge of International consolidations & Foreign currency transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible, strategic team player with infallible integrity and ethical standard
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers and members of the management team and some external contacts, such as vendors.
- Individual must be capable of working independently, possess excellent communication and analytical skills, work under deadlines and multitask
- Strong accounting system knowledge, such as QuickBooks and NetSuite.