Our client is a leader in their industry manufacturing niche products and they wish to hire a Controller that will be responsible for the general GAAP accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Manage all accounting activities daily including AR, AP, Collections, Billing, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Payroll, Insurance and Retirement plans
- Direct monthly closing, periodic forecasts, and annual budgeting process
- Manage forecasting, performance tracking, and variance analysis
- Manage multi-currencies and oversee conversion transactions
- Manage and create, as needed, Excel-based programs to track certain company processes
- Ensure subsidiary operations reporting for the US is consolidated and completed in a timely manner
- Ensure high quality and timely financial information reporting to upper management
- Maintain effective internal control environment
- Manage activities of accounting staff and provide training and guidance to properly develop their accounting skills
- Work closely and well with a tight Operations Group
- Perform cost analysis to assist with pricing strategies and estimating
- Perform scoping and financial analysis of certain administrative program options, insurance programs, general risk management, and certain other administrative programs
- Maintain/manage the external accounting and banking relationships – domestic and international
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CMA
- 3+ years cost accounting and 2+ years in manufacturing.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting for multi-national organizations including work in multiple currencies is preferred.
- Written/reviewed contracts for clients/vendors/employees
- HR and legal related experience beneficial