New York, NY
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
1. Supervise and manage the client billing process
2. Supervise and manage the accounts payable process including client chargebacks and employee expense reports. Identify cost savings opportunities.
3. Reconciliation of bank accounts
4. Responsible for general ledger accounting and related account analysis
5. Review related-party transactions and prepare supporting reconciliations
6. Prepare compliance reporting including commercial rent tax & sales and use tax returns and 1099s
7. Works with outside CPA firm to provide needed data for fiscal year end close and any other miscellaneous projects. Oversee preparation of the firm's income tax returns.
8. Identify and address income and other tax related issues that may arise
9. Oversees the renewal process for and administration of the firm's insurance policies, including property and general liability & professional liability.
10. Review all assets of financial processing including recommendations for improvement when appropriate
11. Manage vendor relations including the negotiation of contracts when appropriate
12. Oversee the Conflict Checking Process for new legal matters.
13. Work closely with firm administrator.
14. Preparation of various reports as requested by firm's management.
1. A minimum of 5 years' experience as a law firm controller or similar position
2. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills including attention to detail
3. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
4. Ability to work both independently and manage a team
5. Must be a "thought leader" with a proactive approach; self-starter; roll-up-your sleeves approach
6. BA/BS in accounting or related field required, CPA a plus
7. Experience with TABS III time, billing and accounting system a plus
8. Experience with ADP Total Source a plus