5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
This is an excellent opportunity to join the dynamic accounting team of a world class multi-billion dollar Securitization and Asset Management Firm as a Controller
Located in New York City and reporting to the CFO, the Controller will:
- Be involved in all aspects of the general ledger including the month end close and the preparation of financial statements.
- Manage, review, reconcile, and prepare analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts, including bond positions and mark to market valuation review.
- Prepare supporting documentation and post journal entries within accounting system.
- Record and manage cash movements, as well as, prepare wire transfers and manage / review prime brokerage account and hedging activity.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Be the point person on the annual audit
- Manage a team of 2-3 accounting professionals.
Ideal candidate will have a BS in Accounting and 4-8 years of accounting or auditexperience (straight out of Public Accounting, within the corporate accounting department of a Financial Services Company, or a Public/Private mix). A CPA is required.
Strong Excel skills are also required. Growth potential is tremendous and this company offers an exceptional benefits package with a GREAT 401(K) match.