MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Finance Departments of the Schaumburg, Pewaukee, and McAlester plants and ensuring that all financial activities are in line with Company goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, and complying with government regulations and covenant obligations, additionally, this position is responsible for the development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information to appraise profitability, capital expenditures and performance against budget or Plant targets.
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ultimately responsible for all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings; Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations; Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Ensures that all established policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed. Ensures that all department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and complied with.
- Responsible for maximizing the efficiency of all accounting personnel, including training/development, motivation, and direction, with specific goals and objective productivity targets;
- Responsible for the timely preparation of all required reports by the company and plant management; variance reporting, KPIs, monitor performance against 3 year goals and scorecards.
- Evaluates new technical developments and recommends appropriate actions and assesses proposed systems enhancements. Performs other duties as requested or directed.
- Responsible for site budgeting process.
- Established member of site leadership team and strategic partner to Plant Manager.
- Provide detailed financial analysis in support of business objectives decision making.
- Involvement in capital acquisition/planning and process for site(s).
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are maintained and all records are accurately maintained as required by the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
- Supervises all accounting personnel
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Senior Accounting Manager or Controller
- IT/SAP/JDE (preferred)/Oracle
- Minimum of 5 years of experience senior accounting manager/controller
- Manufacturing background preferred
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field along with 5 years progressive accounting experience is required. Prefer CMA, CPA or MBA designation. Thorough knowledge of Excel, Database Management as well as computerized accounting systems is also required.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, highly developed level of creative skills and resourcefulness to manage the financial function is required.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work and risk taking, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity.