Modernizing Medicine, Inc. is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
Modernizing Medicine is looking for an experienced Controller to work within our growing organization! This is a great opportunity to work with a positive, fast-paced and growing company.
The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Company’s accounting function. This includes the production of timely and accurate financialreports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the relevancy and accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
You may be a great fit for Modernizing Medicine’s Controller position IF...
- You are an amazing problem solver with exceptional customer service skills, going above and beyond expectations.
- You are a detail oriented person who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time.
- Lead and manage all areas of accounting operations, including monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, treasury management, billing and collections, and accounts payable.
- Ensure that the financials are accurate and reporting is timely, providing management with the best information possible for decision support and results tracking.
- Function as primary interface with external auditors, bankers, and tax advisors. Ensure timely and accurate audits, working withauditors and other outside agencies for periodic and annual reviews, as needed.
- Own technical accounting including documenting key accounting positions and issues, including revenue recognition, stock based compensation and accounting for internally developed software.
- Responsible for tax compliance including sales, income and property.
- Work with CFO and VP of Finance to drive the financial business plan for the company.
- Be the primary owner, user, and developer of financial systems. Establish and execute roadmap for financial systems including leading the implementation of additional financial system modules.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to ensure operational processes and policies across the company support a high-performing, scalable, efficient accounting operation.
- Train, mentor, manage, recruit and retain high performing team.
Skills & Requirements:
- Demonstrates a progressive career in accounting with at least 5 years experience as a Controller.
- Public accounting experience, specifically in audit.
- Experience in a growth-oriented company required, strong preference given to candidates with SaaS/software industry experience.
- Expertise with financial software, NetSuite, Zuora, a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organizations.
- Analytical thinker with ability to conceptualize and analyze both business problems and solutions.
- Strong business judgment to assess situations with multiple issues and drive appropriate actions in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated but strong ability to work in a collaborative team.
- High degree of personal integrity.
- Bachelors degreerequired; MBA Degree preferred.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Your compensation is a combination of base salary and bonus potential.
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!