Excelsis Talent Executive Search is looking for a Controller for one of their exciting clients. Are you ready to join an exciting company that is building a broad portfolio of exciting new businesses? If so, please keep reading!
Position Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Controller Job Duties:
- Consumer Goods industry a plus
- Filing of 10K and 10Q documents
- SEC reporting
- CPApreferred or working on CPA.
- Publicly traded company experience
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidatingfinancial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financialreports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Performance Management
- Minimum of 6 years in accounting or controller type of role
- Understanding of systems
- Strong communication to speak with external auditors
- SEC reporting (10Q and 10K)
- CPApreferred but not required
- Heavy excel experience/PowerPivots