The Controller is responsible for maximizing return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This position also oversees proper accounting controls for accounts payable and credit management.
- Manage the Accounting Department day-to-day and supervise team members assigned to department.
- Sets company goals and objectives and measures performance against goals. Ensure that company policies and procedures.
- Establishes and works within the company's financial priorities by planning and budgeting.
- Reconciles multiple bank accounts.
- Provides historical data and projections as required for budget development and planning.
- Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Oversees account reconciliation and production of regularly scheduled summary reports, income statements and financial statements for assigned accounting operations.
- Analyzes industry financial trends and keeps owner apprised.
- Performs the formatting of financial data for special management studies and requests. Provides financial data with explanations and interpretation as requested by management.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of automated systems and procedures.
- Provides direction and input for the development of accounting applications, reports, forms, records and documented procedures.
- Examines and evaluates internal methods and procedures for adequacy of controls.
- Notes weaknesses or deficiencies and implements corrective actions.
- Ensures federal and state compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Serves as a point of contact to provide requested or requiredfinancial information and reports.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate network of professional contacts.
- Analyze business conditions
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidatingfinancial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Conformance to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and or Experience
- BA degree in Accounting, MBA degreepreferred; CPA certified preferred.
- Eight years of progressive Accountingexperience, manufacturing background preferred
- Supervisory experience of 3+ years
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills required with working ability in Word and Power Point
- Experienced working withAccounting system AX preferred.
- Excellent organizational and multi task skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be flexible and adopt to change
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic
- Able to work in a team under pressure
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others
- Attention to detail