Controller - Manufacturing
11 - 15 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
A growing privately held consumer products manufacturing firm in Norwalk is looking for a Controller on a full-time basis. The company produces high quality products and has a stable roster of longstanding customers.
The Controller will lead the finance function and report to the CEO. This individual will focus on the day-to-day accounting and financialreporting responsibilities while also supporting the CEO with key business decisions and helping to upgrade and professionalize the organization.
Primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Support the CEO to execute the financial strategy of the company
- Oversee all matters related to accounting and finance
- Manage the month end close process and prepare monthly financialreporting
- Develop a cash forecasting process and reporting to ensure adequate capital for operating needs
- Identify and analyze key performance indicators to assess profitability
- Establish and maintain a standard costing process along with reporting on inventory and product margins
- Manage payroll and prepare payrollreporting and journal entries
- Manage the demand forecasting process and work with purchasing to ensure accurate demand forecasting
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly purchase price variance reporting to customers
- Ensure internal controls and related processes
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to the bank and ensure compliance with debt covenants
- Manage insurance relationships
- Oversee sales and use tax and property tax filings
- Optimize the use of the ERP system including improved reporting and analysis
- Coordinate the annual review and prepare tax returns with the outside CPA
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and increase profitability
- Handle ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills. In order to be considered, this person must meet the following criteria:
- 10+ years in accounting roles with progressively increasing responsibility and recent experience as Controller in a middle market manufacturing company
- Knowledge of cost accounting and inventoryreporting
- Skilled with team building and mentoring
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Collaborative team player with positive attitude
- Public accounting experience and CPA license preferred
This position will pay a base salary of $140,000 to $165,000 plus discretionary bonus. In addition, the individual will have access to a full suite of benefits available at the company.
About Buxbaum HCS
Buxbaum HCS is the trusted resource for interim, project-based and permanent CFOs. The firm only employs CPAs and top MBAs with proven operational experience. Clients hire us because we provide upfront advisory services to assess the company’s true needs, quickly deliver high-caliber professionals who fit in with the corporate culture, offer value and our leadership is involved in every engagement.