A Controller is needed for a Manitowoc/Two Rivers manufacturer! The Controller will report to the Corporate CFO.
- Provide supervision and oversight of the financial operations. This includes: the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls and segregation of duties designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the organization's financial results, and ensure that financial reports comply with (GAAP).
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including: billings, cash receipts application; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Build relations with banks and other financial institutions
- Establishes and recommends to management, economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounting including: reporting, methods and principles.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement is highly preferred.