Who you are
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with Accounting. You see the big picture but are also a master in the details. You believe in working collaboratively and are able to build cross-functional relationships across departments to help guide the company to perform at its best. You motivate people, inspire teamwork and influence groups. Like us, you are on a mission and get excited about an environment that executes with speed and precision while guided by company values and an amazing culture. You know how to build for the future but understand making trade-offs to get the most value today.
What you will do
As our Controller, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, early-stage environment with the ability to work cross functionally across the organization.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls and investment strategies for cash on hand
- Track and ensure payment of sales and use taxes, along with necessary registrations with various state and local agencies
- Own relationship with Audit Firm and comply with all Bank and Board Directed Audits
- Be aware of changes in accounting compliance and technical requirements that affect the organization and implement accordingly.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee, coach and continue to develop an accounting team of two direct reports
- Develop accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Identify and recommend to CFO any financial opportunities to improve financial and cash management
- Develop, manage, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance and a min of 3+ years of experience where you have independently managed accounting processes
- Prior experience as Controller or finance leader in fast-growing company preferred.
- Accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required
- CPA Required
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling ability
- Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly. Relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Strategic perspective – ability to integrate finance, human resources and legal perspectives into accounting and other decision-making in the company
- Exceptional work ethic and the willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves”
- Strong track record of successfully motivating, developing, and helping people reach their full potential