Los Angeles, CA
Less than 5 years
Posted 211 days ago
My client has built a successful outdoor d?cor, gift and holiday business with a reputation for innovation in the industry and strong prospects for growth. They seek a Controller that has demonstrated accounting skills with strong financial acumen and leadership of others.
My client is located in Los Angeles and the Controller must be able to work from their LA headquarters. They seek to hire a candidate that will be a go getter, aggressive and can work in a fast paced environment and put in the hours as necessary to get the job done. The position reports to the owner/President and CFO.
A well qualified candidate must have experience in cash flow, budgets, forecasting, working with lenders on asset based lending and preferably reconciliation of thousands of financial transactions, primarily credit cards. Experience working in the ERP system OMS (Office Master System) is a plus.
The Controller will be responsible for managing journal entries, invoices, monthly and annual closing,, preparation for audits and managing others. Experience should include working in an environment of $30 Million in sales or more. An ideal candidate will have wholesale consumer products experience including collections from portal/EDI customers like Amazon.com but they will consider candidates from other industries that match up well to the overall responsibilities.
1) Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closings
2) Prepare full cash flow, budgets and forecasts
3) Lead in preparation of annual audits
4) Development of reports for management
5) Review accounting to identify any imbalances
6) Perform asset based borrowing reports monthly
7) Manage three company books
8) Lead a team of 5 or more in A/R, A/P and Accounting
9) Reconciliation of credit card transactions
1) At least 3years at the Controller level
2) Experience managing a team
3) Working in an environment of at least $3 Million in sales
4) Knowledge in asset based lending
5) Strong Excel skills
6) Wholesale consumer goods experience with Portal/EDI collection experience a plus
7) Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced working environment