Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Arts & Entertainment•
11 - 15 years
Posted 387 days ago
I am looking for an accomplished Controller who wants to work for a brand that has influenced millions of people of all ages, ethnicities, national origins and religious and political beliefs to find compatible long-term relationships. If you are up for a challenge and ready for your next adventure, check out the details and contact me today.
The Controller should have a degree in accounting or business administration and 10+ years of progressively responsibleexperience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financialreporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financialreporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The role will report to the VP of Finance and will be based in our amazing Westwood office.
Desired Skills and Experience Additional Requirements and PreferredExperience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA is required
• 3+ years at public accounting firm preferred plus 3-5+ years of internal accounting management
• Excellent understanding of US GAAP
• Financial presentation exhibit (slide) construction skills at quality standards suitable for Board presentations
• Experience with a digital media and/or online subscription-based company
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong work ethic and comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
• Willing to roll your sleeves up and execute
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a changing environment