The Controller is responsible for leading and providing strategic direction to the accounting, billing/collections and accounts payable functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring accurate and timely monthly close, billings, collections and cash applications, payments to vendors and internal management reporting in an environment with strong internal controls and an engaging culture. The Controller will also partner closely with peers to ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and followed and that external reporting requirements are performed timely and with quality. The Controller and team is also responsible for fully coordinating the external audit and other audits and reporting requirements as well as supporting the budgeting and forecasting processes. The Controller will also ensure that the controller-ship team is efficient, scaled and resourced to support the Company's size, projects, organic growth and acquisitions.
- Lead Accounting, Billing/Collections and Accounts Payable teams. Hire great talent, coach and develop top performance, and establish clear roles & responsibilities among team members.
- Full ownership of financial books and records, responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger in compliance with GAAP, inventory, accounts payable activity and balances and accounts receivables balances, collections and analyses
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly close in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure that the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows are reconciled, supported and properly reviewed monthly.
- Provide strong oversight to the billing and collections team to ensure that sponsors are billed, cash collected and applied timely
- Ensure that the accounts payable function is optimized and fully compliant with payment and reporting requirements
- Partner with FP&A to analyze monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Provide full support of other finance activities, including tax compliance, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Ensure full and timely support of external audits and reviews
- Scale and refine the department's resources, systems and controls to ensure efficiency, reliability and scalability
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships within finance, across the company, and with external partners.
Bachelors/Master's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years total experience in public accounting firm with consistent advancement
- CPA required
- 3+ years' experience working as a controller for a fast-growing company
- Proven track record of building and developing strong teams
- Proven track record of identifying and successfully implementing process improvements, leading through change, process improvement and ability to scale processes
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining a strong internal controls environment and reliable and efficient processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with MS Dynamics NAV preferred, but not required
- Experience with M&A activities, including accounting and integration
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills