Are you an experienced finance leader looking to build out the finance function the way you know it should be built? Are you tired of people saying that accounting should be in a certain box? Are you ready to help shape the future of Richmond’s 9th fastest growing company? We are looking for a controller – we might say a “super controller” – to lead the accounting and finance efforts at KCM and be a partner in our next phases of growth!
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership. You don’t know the meaning of the words, “I don’t know how” or “I can’t.” You find the answer and do everything you can to overcome obstacles.
- You are forward-looking. You leverage your past experience and thirst for knowledge to create strong directions for the future. You understand and appreciate the evolving needs of a fast-growing organization.
- You have a flair for numbers. You love spreadsheets, math, and using numbers to tell a story. You are a whiz with Excel and love showing others all of the cool things it can do (that none of the rest of us realize).
- You are NOT a bean counter. You value precision and the proper accounting of all things, but you know the true power of finance is in making powerful and confident growth decisions.
- You are a connector of dots, not just a collector of them. You understand the past and use that as a tool to help predict the future. This is what we do at KCM!
This is the job for you!
Since 2007, Keeping Current Matters has been helping real estate agents save time and build confidence with easy-to-deliver marketing content powered by the latest market insights. At KCM, we believe knowledge is power. That’s why our innovative approach to educational content and real estate marketing helps agents become more confident and stand out as the market expert.
In addition to leading the execution of traditional accounting functions, you will contribute to KCM’s vision by...
- Preparing monthly internal financial statements (MTD and YTD) – P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements with comparisons to prior year periods and budget; as well as financial KPIs (to be developed). Author a succinct Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) review of the performance for the period to accompany the statements.
- Working with KCM’s senior leadership team to format and prepare an annual operating budget by month (income, balance sheet, and cash flow statement formats) for the business, including budgets by department as required.
- Working with all departments to develop key operational metrics and tracking to enhance company’s decision making.
- Performing financial forecasting, reporting, and revenue modeling to accurately predict growth opportunities.
- Directing financial review & analysis, due diligence, and modeling for prospective business investments: new product/platform launches, significant operating projects, acquisitions, etc.
- Managing third party vendors providing administrative support to the corporation including payroll processors, benefits administrators, credit card processors, office lessors/landlords, among others – to provide a smooth, predictable operating environment.
For success in this role, you’ll need…
- At least 7-10 years of accounting experience, preferably 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Expertise in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, modeling, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis
- Prior experience in a small, fast-paced business that experienced significant growth
- Proficiency in accounting software, including strong knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Deep familiarity with GAAP & financial reporting
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
Ideally you possess…
- CPA or MBA
- SaaS experience
- Prior experience as a member of a leadership team
The Whole Package:
- Location: Richmond, VA (ONLY remote during COVID-19)
- Competitive compensation package with performance bonus
- Health Insurance with employee premiums 100% covered (family plans available)
- Vision & Dental Insurance (Optional)
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (immediate vesting)
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work with great people!
We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
At Keeping Current Matters, we care about people! That’s why, we’ve intentionally designed a culture-forward organization that is driven by our desire to educate ourselves, our members, and each other. We are built upon a shared set of core values that were designed to fill you with drive and compassion. You won’t just find these values hanging on an office wall, but you will find them in each of us. Together, we strive for excellence. We are strategic. We are game-changing. We are ambitious. We take risks. And we have fun! So, if you’re someone who is determined to make an impact, thrives on open and real communication, and aspires to be part of an empowering team that redefines what’s possible, then Welcome to KCM.
KCM has been recognized in each of the last 6 years by, Great Place to Work and has even hit number 65 on, Fortune Magazine’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2020.
KCM is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.