Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
While You’re Here, You Will: Provide Technical Leadership
- Ensure continuous improvement in Indiegogo’s accounting practices
- Be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement and general maintenance of accounting systems + finance solutions that support an expanding product offering and global operations footprint
- Put in place all necessary solutions to supportGAAP compliance; develop proper GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Coordinate and oversee statutory audit, tax return preparation, and ensure that proper processes are in place for local, state, federal, and foreign tax filings
- Partner with BI team to create detailed dashboards, reconciliation schedules, and competitive analyses
While You’re Here, You Will: Oversee Reporting + Closing
- Oversee month-end close process including general accruals, options expense, capitalized web development, FX, consolidations and other GAAP accounting requirements
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organization’s results
- Oversee/perform all accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports, as well as month-end and year-end closes
- Lead a team responsible for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports
While You’re Here, You Will: Manage Relationships
- Oversee and manage relationships with banks, credit card agencies, service providers and third-party payment processing vendors
- Advise leadership team members on customer contract terms, revenue recognition policies, expense management, and other financial matters
- Lead, mentor, and develop our amazing Accounting team!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar is preferred; advanced degrees (e.g.: Master’s in Accounting) is a big plus!
- 10+ years of accounting/financeexperience, including a 3+ years of Controller-level experience
- Experience in the internet/eCommerce space highly preferred
- Demonstrated success managing a high volume transaction financial environment in a fast-paced workplace
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and required technical areas, including: consolidations, foreign currency, acquisitions (including Goodwill impairment and the underlying valuation), options expensing, capitalized web development, 409a, VAT and other foreign tax matters
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems
- International experiencepreferred!
- CPA license required
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, cross-functional work environment
- BONUS POINTS: You have previous crowdfunding experience and a deep understanding of the industry, and/or have Big 4 experience