Responsible for all Company Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Carrier Compliance, Carrier Payable, Legal, Human Resources, Recruiting and Information Technology operations, including developing and maintaining effective control, accounting, and reporting policies and practices; managing the operational and capital planning process; analyzing and reporting financial results, providing executive management with an understanding of the company’s financial performance, managing recruiting, hiring, terminations, culture initiatives and general HR practices. Managing all IT initiatives as well as all legal and contracting processes, in addition to general office administration. Serve as a business partner to other operational leaders to drive strategic business decisions. Serve on the Executive leadership team of HNRY Logistics to make both day to day tactical decisions as well as develop the 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an active member of the executive leadership team, establishing and driving both strategy and execution.
- Utilize strong technical accounting skills to ensure optimal accounting process effectiveness, utilizing these technical skills to research and resolve complex accounting issues when required.
- Direct the timely preparation of internal and external financial reports and analyses which accurately reflect the Company’s operating results and financial position.
- Oversee the Company’s system of accounts and keep accurate books and records on all Company transactions, assets and liabilities.
- Evaluate new reporting requirements and recognize the existence of internal control, accounting and reporting opportunities; use expertise, creativity and corporate resources to effect and manage change and identify solutions.
- Maintain controls on expenditures; provide regular reporting and variance analysis to management.
- Oversee Company ABL reporting and bank relationships in conjunction with YRCW Treasury.
- Act as the Accounting subject matter expert in support of critical financial systems, including the implementation for systems to support the accounting and other key financial processes.
- Build out and oversee a completely new contracting process for both Customers and Vendors that increases speed to market while increasing our value proposition in the market.
- Liase between business and attorneys; advise parties of potential areas for concern.
- Support legal team in all aspects of Company, in conjunction with YRCW Legal.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, promotion, performance improvement and termination practices.
- Create and drive Company and division initiatives.
- Oversee the Company’s HR practices in conjunction with YRCW Human Resources.
- Oversee all Company IT projects including: origination/AFE, budget, Agile environment and timelines, and asset capitalization.
- Mentor IT resources in all aspects of the business to ensure timelines and deliverable are met.
- Manage onsite Company equipment and assess future needs in conjunction with YRCW Information Technology.
- Liase with Properties team to drive space changes, enhancements and initiatives.
- Support day to day needs of Company employees.
- Support sales and operational initiatives through collaboration and development of people, systems and processes. Advise on key obstacles and concerns.
- Manage assigned staff to ensure efficient, effective department operation; develop staff to build department strength and expertise.
- Own and facilitate the internal carrier payables process for all Truckload carriers.
- Develop and administer the internal audit of all HNRY logistic asset based to providers to guarantee minimum carrier requirements
- Lead all Pricing functions that include individual account strategies up to stress testing fundamental go to market philosophies
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field. Must be a CPA with detailed knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices.
- Ten (10) years’ previous accounting and finance experience in a corporate setting.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and be a proactive self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with proven attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments to affect change.
- Proven proficiency with PC and mainframe applications.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven success in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Master’s Degree (MBA).
- Public accounting experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.