PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Directs the financial, tax, stocks, investments, payroll, and insurance activities of the company, provides budgeting and forecasting leadership, provides computer support leadership, and serves as the benefits administrator for all company benefit programs.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
Supervises leads and develops administrative and accounting employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides direction, controls, and makes recommendations to management about the financial, audit preparation, tax, stocks, investment, payroll, and insurance activities of the company.
- Prepares financialreports and budgets which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Ensures that all preparations are completed in advance of the audit function at the end of each fiscal year to provide management with future projections and save audit time and expense.
- Develops and implements tax strategies, planning, and compliance for all federal, state, and local taxes.
- Provides leadership to the management of company stock and other company investments.
- Oversees the payroll function.
- Advises management about insurance coverage property losses and liability coverage.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies. Delegates authority for receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Evaluates need for procurement of funds and investment of surplus. Advises management on investments and loans.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures for all accounting, payroll, personnel, and administrative responsibilities.
- Assesses business opportunities, negotiate agreements and build and strengthen partnerships.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Normally requires a Bachelors degree in accounting or finance and at least 6 years experience in accounting or finance or related area to demonstrate financial leadership in the areas of risk analysis, cost/benefit analysis, internal controls, auditing, and budgeting.
A CPA and/or MBA are preferred.
Demonstrated essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Must be able to travel independently and overnight.
Must be able to work hours beyond those considered normal.
Req Id 67521