GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an experienced, highly motivated and collaborative Controller- Accounting to join our Financial Leadership team. Greenlight is currently experiencing rapid growth. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a commitment to excellence and high-quality work in a fast-paced milestone driven company, are essential. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant and will reportdirectly to our CFO.
- Monitor all financial performance of the company.
- Participate in the development of and support the company's strategic plans.
- Supervise and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
- Review, evaluate and implement accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Work closely with the HR team.
- Prepare and present financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, financial statement footnotes, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Supervise monthly account reconciliations.
- Oversee annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Ensure compliance with corporate tax and annual reporting requirements.
- Oversee accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- Manage financial relationships with vendors/suppliers with purchasing/pricing responsibilities.
- Maintain open communication for a positive and effective work culture
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements, as well as SEC reporting and PCAOB audit requirements
- Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years' experience as a senior-level accounting or financial manager
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships