$100K — $120K *
Automotive systems & components distributer (a portfolio company of Berkshire Hathaway) is looking for an experienced, full time Controller to provide leadership and coordination of company financial operations & to ensure company accounting procedures conform to GAAP for small Charleston area team. This is a very hands-on roll and will report directly to the Corporate Controller. Competitive salary and great benefits package.
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Works well in a fast paced, changing environment.
· Ability to work cross-functionally, multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
· Directs and coordinates all aspects of accounting operations.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits, providing information to external auditors.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
· Ensures payroll and benefits are properly processed and recorded.
· Works with production department to manage inventory and partners with operations.
· Monthly closing and financial statements preparation.
· Provides monthly financial forecast for the year.
· Ensures the integrity of the balance sheet including preparation of monthly account reconciliations, inventory valuation, etc.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Complies with federal, state, local and anti-trust requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Ensure compliance with anti-trust regulations, including communication about concerns, liabilities, or unethical activities.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Identifies and recruits internal/external talent to ensure effective mix of competencies.
· Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team/department.
· Trains new employees to quickly maximize performance.
· Sets and communicates team/individual objectives.
· Allocates workload to fully utilize every employee’s talent.
· Provides regular constructive feedback on performance/development and addresses poor/mediocre performance in a timely manner.
· Regularly communicates on company news and team progress against business plan.
· Exceptional time-management, communications, decision making and organization skills.
· Advanced Excel skills (bridge reporting experience between systems)
· Accounting: 10 years (Required)
· Bachelor's + Masters (Preferred)
· GAAP: 10 years (Preferred)
· CPA (Preferred)
Valid through: 5/31/2021