We have an excellent opportunity for the right person to create an entire accounting department from scratch. This role will lead the set-up and management of the finance and accounting operations and focus on creating best in class procedures and daily operational excellence. If you are a strong people manager looking for that next step for your career, this may be an opportunity for you!
Your primary responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of the day to day accounting, financialreporting, and banking requirements. You will also manage direct reports who handle A/R, A/P, and general accounting functions. One of the most important responsibilities of the controller is to provide timely and accurate financialreporting to the rest of the management team. This is a hands-on position that reports directly to the Head of Finance and Operations and has direct exposure to the international headquarters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish efficient accounting and control processes for the local entity while influences global policy. Review, document and implement policies including user education.
- Quarterly close process encompassing: fixed asset reporting, local treasury/banking reconciliation, payroll verification, accruals, and headcount reporting
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities, variance reporting and management, ad-hocreporting
- Ensure that required debt payments, company credit lines and corporate credit cards are actively managed to ensure continued business operations.
- Maintain a continued and thorough system of controls over accounting transactions managing day to day process for AR/AP, general ledger, bookkeeping
- Ensure audit, compliance and control mechanisms to deliver best in class results and eliminate risk from the local enterprise; responsible for internal and external audits, SOX
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate reporting recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Understanding of tax & treasury operations with the ability to understand and transfer operations from HQ to the business unit. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Create development plans and cross training of direct reports (accountant, AP/AR, support staff)
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition policy, procedures and accounting methods
- Lead management of sales commission calculations and review of payouts
- Control of payroll and financial benefits
- Support Head of Finance & Operations in ad-hoc strategic projects
- Management of IT function
- 7-10 plus years of hands-on accounting managerial experience leading a team or department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four-year college or university required
- CPA Certification required
- Previous people management experiencerequired
- Solid understanding of GAAP principles and proper application to the business
- Global firm experience high appreciated
- Big 4experience appreciated
This position requires travel to our existing operations in the Midwest during the startup phase in order to manage the transition. On an ongoing basis, light travel up to 10% maybe required, national and international.
Who are we?
We are Kornit Digital (NASDAQ:KRNT) and we develop, manufacture and market industrial and commercial printing solutions for the Garment, Apparel and Textile industries. Leading the Digital Textile Printing Industry with our revolutionary NeoPigment™ process, including an integrated pretreatment solution, Kornit Digital caters directly to the needs of both designers and manufacturers. Kornit Digital is proud to be a green company assisting in changing the world one t-shirt at a time.