This leadership function of this position is to provide financial and strategic support to senior management including preparing financial analysis, capital expenditure analysis, industry/market comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. Will oversee all accounting activities within the group, including cash flow management, accounts payable/receivables, and partner with all stakeholders to ensure budgeting is solid and numbers are accurate.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making. This role reports to the President of the company and supervises all accounting and finance employees.
As Finance Director you will:
- Assist stakeholders with both short term and long term accounting related to budgeting process, profit analysis, accounting systems and auditing.
- Monitor status reporting for trends and changes in the business environment.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with outside agencies.
- Spearhead efforts with banking institutions, negotiate terms and conditions regarding lending.
- Ensures the timely payment of current liabilities to creditor, proper recording and control of cash receipts, recording of fixed assets, and development of adequate procedures, instructions, controls, records and reports.
- Analyze and synthesize data (market, financial, etc.) to suggest change in pricing strategy or tactics at either a Business Unit or Corporate level.
- Provide financial input on strategic business decisions such as potential acquisitions, major capital investments and major new product projects.
- Will assist senior leadership and President of the company on improvement to operational and financial statements, including balance sheets, profit/loss statements and analysis of variances in jobs, accounts, ratios, income/expense and ROI.
- Responsible for establishing budgets for departments.
- Develop annual financial plans and projections for the company.
- Research and provide clear and concise analysis of financial results and key financial measurements driving results in the company’s businesses.. Efforts supplement financial reporting and commentary provided by Business Units and includes gross and operating margins and efficiency of asset utilization.
- Identify key business issues and provide recommendations to address those issues.
Your Experience as the Finance Director should include:
- Ability to proactively develop new ideas / methodologies
- Self-starter. Able to create and work with innovative analytical tools as the business environment changes.
- Highly organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to present financial information to non-financial personnel.
- Conduct studies and prepare recommendations to management to implement policies and guidelines to improve financial position and results of operation.
- Recommend improvements in processes and ensure the thoroughness in information presented to management. Data should be fully interpreted and supportable
- Candidates should show a track record of completing complex projects independently.
- Function as a team leader for special projects.
- Supervision/managerial skills.
You shall be successful as the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis if you possess:
- BS in Accounting or Finance(preferably Finance). MBA, CMA, CFA or CPA preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience.
- Solid familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems.
- Knowledge of query tools and report writing preferred.
- Experience interacting with personnel from all aspects of the business (sales, manufacturing, corporate management, etc.).
- Solid financial and analytical skills including sound business judgment.
- Proactive and decisive decision maker with excellent communication skills. Energetic, honest individual with high ethical standards.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Travel is minimal.