ETONIEN is sourcing for a highly organized Controller to support our Real Estate/Development client located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
The ideal candidate will have a CPA (required) and 8+ years of relevant Controllership experience.
* Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, will upgrade/streamline the accounting process in a hands on environment
* Provide leadership and manage 2 Assistant Controllers and 25+ staff members
* Appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
* Responsible for proper Corporate and property cash management, including monthly cash flow analysis and comparisons.
* Closely manage and analyze operational expenses, budget and income statements in alignment with company* s strategic plan
* Primary liaison with all external auditors for fiscal and calendar year-end audits and tax returns
* Implement, monitor and manage internal controls to include documentation and audit.
* Provide recommendation in building out the Accounting Department (hire, review, direct, discipline)
* Other projects as assigned
* 4-year degree in accounting or finance required
* CPA required
* Must be proactive, process driven and resourceful and detail oriented
* 5+ years of progressive experience within a Real Estate/ Development/Construction/Property Management environment
* Strong systems experience required: Yardi, Excel (formulas, look-ups, pivot tables, IF statements)