We are hiring a Financial Controller for an independent full-service, fully integrated direct marketing agency located in Irvington NY. The Controller to be responsible for coordinating, consolidating, & assuring execution of key financial planning initiatives with full ownership of P&Ls. The individual will be responsible for leading the annual budgeting process, monthly forecasting, company-wide revenue forecasting and partnering with accounting on the month-end close while leveraging an ongoing data-driven decision support approach. This role will partner closely across the cross-functional account teams on the preparation of the revenue and P&L forecast, as well as the Corporate Accounting team. A successful individual in this role will be a confident leader who has successfully managed P&Ls independently in a dynamic organization. This person will be responsible for managing personnel responsible for invoicing, collections, and expenses as well as all office & facilities management.
- Ownership and Preparation of annual budget and monthly P&L forecast
- Ownership and Preparation of all ad hoc operational reporting for business unit, including but not limited to metric reporting, KPI analysis, etc. with the goal to find streamline and cost efficiencies where possible
- Build and Implement new operational processes where applicable
- Strategic Operational partner to the CEO to advise on all financial aspects
- Communicate to senior leadership our financial position
- Provide financial management to departments, including annual budgeting, reforecast processes, long-range planning, and actuals reporting
- Oversee financial planning for corporate items including month-end close
- Develop management reporting to enable real-time information flow to budget stakeholders
- Partner with the accounting team to support monthly & quarterly close processes
- Create month-end reporting package for leadership-including but not limited to articulation of the material variances and driver’s vs forecast, vs budget, vs prior year
- Provide monthly variance analyses and executive summaries to budget stakeholders along with recommendations for any corrective actions needed
- Interface closely with Client Services organization so knowledge of digital marketing is a plus.
- Candidate will be required to come into the office 3-4 times a week.
- Strong experience in roles of financial, accounting, and business
- Experience in media is strongly preferred
- 7-10+ years forecast and full P&L experience, preferably as a financial business partner within an agency or technology environment
- Management and people development skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing is preferred
- Operations and process improvement skills and mindset
- Must interact well in a team environment with a positive customer service attitude and strong partnering skills