GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Controller will be responsible for financial and accounting matters including: general ledger closing, planning and budgeting, cost accounting, inventory control, financialreporting, variance analysis, crop accounting, fixed assets, grower accounting, leases, capital project s and forecasting of working capital and cash flow.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- The Controller is responsible to develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of financial statements, including the planning, budgeting and reporting of operational results. The Controller will be responsible to ensure the development of scalable business processes to support a dynamic business environment.
- Experienced in the consolidation and USGAAPfinancialreporting of domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
- Supervises all accounting functions for the business unit, including general ledger accounting, cost accounting, and grower accounting.
- Ensures that all policies, controls and process improvement activities are consistently applied to support operational requirements.
- The Controller should have an operations focus, tailoring financialreporting to support decision making. Financial reports should be relevant and timely.
- Drives the monthly close process of the supported departments and business units, ensuring the Company’s financial/accounting process is performed in a timely and accurate manner per the close calendar and according to US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Partners with other Finance/Accounting teams to ensure consolidated financials are complete and accurate, and accounting is consistent across entities.
- Develops, coaches and manages team of accounting personnel. Establishes goals and measures to track the success of the department.
- Reviews financial fluctuations financial statements at business functional segment level and provides variance analysis.
- Readily accepts new opportunities and takes appropriate actions to ensure the work is done; energizes team members to achieve timely results; sets expectations and empowers others to problem solve; demonstrates good judgment; facilitates successful and appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with and is accountable to the Corporate Controlling team to provide reports and schedules used for consolidatingreporting and analysis. Supports external audit requirements for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Famous, JD Edwards, AS400 experiencepreferred
- Supervisory or management experiencerequired
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in agricultural, distribution, and manufacturing operations is very helpful
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Language Requirements: English is required, Spanish knowledge can be helpful given our international relationships.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Ability to work beyond the normal work hours during period close week and final weeks of the budget cycle if required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 10-15years of progressive related experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting. CPA/MBA preferred.
Tracking Code 774