Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it's working.
We're hiring a controller to lead and build our accounting department at Divvy. Our finance function is at the core of our business, and we're looking for someone who is ready to build Divvy into the next major real-estate technology company. The ideal candidate for this role has 8+ years of accounting experience and at least 3 years experience leading a team. We're particularly interested in candidates that have real estate and financial services/banking experience.
- Structure Divvy's accounting function and build out a team, systems and processes to support our growth.
- Direct and oversee the day-to-day accounting operations, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions as well as leading Divvy's tax and audit responsibilities.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Manage relationships with auditors and outside accounting advisors.
- Responsible for end-to-end systems data flows and design and documentation of best practice financial controls.
- Manage internal relationships with Operations and Capital Markets.
- Be a trusted partner to the business in strategic and operational decision making.
- Work cross-functionally to drive process and business improvements including data availability and reporting across the team.
- 8+ years accounting experience, with prior experience in financial services / banking and/or real estate
- 3+ years of management experience with a proven record of building high performing teams
- Working knowledge of regulatory and tax framework for residential real estate industry (e.g., FIRPTA)Experience leading an audit process
- Experience with Netsuite implementation strongly preferred
- Excitement to roll up your sleeves and build processes from scratch
- Bonus: experience working in a start-up / growing company
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO policy
- A fun, passionate group of co-workers working towards an amazing mission