Controller - Distibution
Global import and distribution Company, which has been in business for over 90 years, seeks a Controller / Operations Manager to manage: accounting department, HR, logistics and other operational functions.
- Manage a team of five (5) accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and import staff.
- Lead the full cycle of accounting operations including monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Prepare and review financial statements, gross margin analyses, inventory reserves, weekly cash flowforecasting, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Plan annual inventory count with warehouse, IT, and external auditors.
- Develop interim and annual forecast and budget for senior management, external accountants, and banks.
- Bank compliance
- Expense controls and variance analyses
- Lease analyses and negotiations
- Oversee timely submission of compliance reporting including salestaxes and business tax filings
- Oversee filings of 5500’s, ACA, government surveys
- Coordinate, prepare, and submit information to taxaccountants for corporate tax returns
- Manage relationships with external auditors and taxaccountants, bank, payroll service, and insurance brokers
- Accounting Systems Analysis
- Keep current with emerging issues in accounting, human resources, and operations
- 10 + years’ experience as an accounting manager or controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus – not required
- Background in wholesale or distribution a strong plus
- AS400 a plus
- E commerce Experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and intermediate Excel (pivot table-lookups, etc.)
- Self-starter that is resourceful and can easily adapt to changing priorities