The Controller reports to the Family Office Chief Financial Officer. This dedicated Financial Services Team professional is based in Atlanta and responsible for all aspects of financial activities and internal financial controls including the design, review, implementation, and monitoring of accounting, tax, fiduciary/trust reporting and financial general ledger systems operations.
Critical to the role is the ability to review, understand and analyze each balance sheet, income statement, budget and forecast for each Family Member, Family Entity, Family Trust, and Family Office and Private Trust Company. There are over 100 private trusts to manage therefore a high level of complexity.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates and oversees compliance with policies and procedures for the Family Office Financial Services platform including financial management, treasury and cash management, investment process and oversight, fiduciary and financial reporting.
- Responsible for Family Office and Private Trust Company budgeting, forecasting, fee and billing modeling, operating forecasting and analysis.
- Directs internal controls for management of cash and securities, including procedures for settlement, reconciliation and administration of investments within individual ownership, trusts, partnerships and family entities.
- Manage and oversee technology integration and reconciliation between key custodian, financial advisory and trust administration partners/vendors.
- Reviews financial reports and presents findings and recommendations for trusts, individuals and entities, as well as all consolidated holdings by family member and family branch.
- Monitors and maintains internal financial controls to ensure integrity and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements under the Family Office exemption and state-chartered private trust company requirements.
- Report to Board and Family status of Private Trust entities in a consumable way
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPA Required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting Preferred
- 15 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on Family Office and Trust
- Archway Platform– SEI Family Office Services software experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of accounting, finance and financial services professionals.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing quality financial management, and accounting for individuals, trusts, partnerships, foundations and other entities.
- Solid foundation in Family Office and Private Trust Company billing, fees, expense allocation and related services agreements.
- Solid foundation in trust and fiduciary accounting in a complex environment
- Solid foundation in reporting for individuals, trusts, and entities held by trusts
- Solid foundation in individual, partnership, and trust income tax and estate planning
- Strong understanding of investment and performance reporting for individuals, trusts and partnerships.
- Prior experience working with and advising multi-generational families of significant concentrated wealth.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Exceptional reputation, character, ethics and strong value alignment with the Cox Family.
- Ability to summarize large volumes of information to communicate key takeaways to the Senior Leadership team and Family Members.