Prepare budgeting, forecasting for the next year and financial reporting to corporate.
Holds responsibility for all financial reporting at the site level.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIESPlan and coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Institute and maintain planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and reports variances.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters related to financial performance and operating effectiveness of the company.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting. .
- Guide and direct financial and control activities for the company in a manner designed to protect assets, meet reporting requirements, provide timely meaningful report of company operations and effectively plan for and audit the financial needs of the company.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Operations to identify improvement opportunities and provide continual feedback for production optimization.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for the effective recording, analyzing and reporting of all financial matters including corporate profit analysis, taxes, auditing, consolidated financial reporting, and functional control over the accounting and control activities.
- Oversee the data integrity of all financial controls, including but not limited to product costing, general ledger and balance sheet.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Prepare IRR/ROI analysis on Capital projects.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Delegate authority for the disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Apply depreciation rates to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and current accounting standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Receive cash and checks and make deposits.
- Manage spending.
B. S. in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred
- Experience: 5-10 years’ experience managing financial staff in a manufacturing environment. General management or operational experience helpful. Oracle experience preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: CPA highly desired
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of budgeting, planning, cost accounting and internal controls. Computer skills essential: Excel, graphs, illustrations, PowerPoint. Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others. Ability to assess risks and balance costs with benefits.