Without the strength of our accounting team, we wouldn't be able to offer the industry-leading service we're known for. We're seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of controller.
The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
- Direct activities in maintaining the cost accounting and financial analysis systems, both formal and informal.
- Ensure the accuracy of include the base material, ingredient, packaging, labor, and overhead components; the cost of production; and the monthly manufacturing variances.
- Provide direction to management with regular internal and external financial reporting and forecasting efforts.
- Direct activities in maintaining the financial accounting and payroll systems, both formal and informal including administration of the payroll and timekeeping processes and development and maintenance of appropriate internal accounting controls in the safeguarding of the corporation's assets.
- Support LEAN and Safety initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead the efforts in preparation of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Long Range Plan (LRP), annual projections or outlooks of performance and weekly and monthly forecasts of expected performance.
- Develop and implement key controls for SOX compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CMA, MBA and/or CPA would be a plus Finance
- Cost Accounting experience
- 6+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of standard cost and variance reporting
- Knowledgeable in the areas of GAAP
- Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets
- General Ledger Accounting
- Payroll, and SOX.
- Strong PC skills (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
Salary for the position is $80,000–$115,000